Week in Reading: March 2

I'm flabbergasted at the whole it's-March-phenomenon, but even more flabbergasted by the it's-still-snowing-and-icing status in Maryland at the moment. Not cool, climate change. Not cool. The chilly temperatures meant I spent most of Friday night curled up with Orhan's Inheritance (April 7th, Algonquin Books). It's a powerful novel about the Armenian genocide that is haunting me in all the best ways that good books do.



After that, looking for something with a bit more comic relief, perhaps, I picked up Sex Criminals, Vol 1.--my first graphic novel of 2015 and a series rapidly moving to my list of most-loved comics. (Bonus: I discovered that Wonderbooks has a graphic novel section, so, winning!). That got me in the mood for more comics, so I'm finally getting to Saga Vol 4. this week.

Perhaps in my quest to continue with some lighter reading after Orhan's Inheritance, I'm also eying Adult Onset this week (April 14, Tin House), which promises "humor and unerring emotional accuracy." I'm also hoping to pick up the new collection of translated fairy tales from Penguin, The Turnip Princess, this week.

What are you reading this week?



18 comments

  1. Ooh, Adult Onset is catching my eye! (And I love Sex Criminals!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved Sex Criminals! I think the second volume just came out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey it's me zohaib ! i am teling about your blog that you have a wonderfull blog

    Corel Draw X7 Serial Number

    so thanks for share good luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm halfway through Find Me, which I'm borderline "meh" about so far. I ended on a pretty big development, so I hope it's going to be more my style for the second half.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saga, Volume 4 wasn't my favourite volume, but still great. I've been meaning to check out Sex Criminals. I'll have to add that to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying to get back into classics, so I'm currently reading (listening to) Peter Pan. I also just started listening to The Emerald Atlas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never read Peter Pan... how is it on audio?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agreed. I liked it, but liked the first three more. Sex Criminals is SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that's too bad! I was caught up in it pretty early on. Hope it picks up for you soon, especially since you were looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yesssssssssssss off to the comic store I go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sex Criminals is SO GOOD. I want more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The narrator is great but I had forgotten what a annoying and frustrating character Peter Pan is (or I never noticed it when I heard the story as a kid).

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cannot wait to read more of Saga! I've read the first volume and have the next three waiting on my shelf. I'm *trying* to hold off on them until the next readathon. It's not easy!


    Have a great week :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah, I think I'm burnt out after this season of The Walking Dead. My least favorite arc has a similar setting to the first half of the book. I'm already much more invested heading into the second part of the book!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sex Criminals looks so good! I don't read a whole lot of graphic novels (I almost typed sex novels...both are true), but this one sounds great. I'm reading Sweetland now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Saga is so great! I thought the fourth volume was pretty wonderful and weird.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm reading nothing! And it's so damn depressing because I want to, but I have brain power trying to catch up from last week's winter weather closures. Looks like we'll be closed again tomorrow for more crap ice.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am reading your article consistently bundle of thanx to provide this.

    cracksmaker.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!