Reviewer Rules

Well, I have another resolution to add to the (ever-growing) list: avoid reviewerspeak at all costs. In an entertaining and funny article in the The Book Examiner, blogger Michelle Kerns turned her pen to the top 20 (or 21) most hated words a reviewer can possibly use... and she's completely right about the list, and about the "black hole" of reviews that such meaningless, empty words create. You'll have to read the article to get the whole picture.

Though the article is written with a sense of humor, it is a worthy warning to herself and to any other reviewer out there, be it in the blogosphere or elsewhere. I will request the same thing here as Michelle did in her article: if you see any of these hated words in my reviews, please let me know. You'll be my favorite reader, I promise.

No comments

Thanks for stopping by!