Great Bookcase Friday

I don't know about the rest of you, but for me, my books are as much for reading as for decorating. Here's a brief overview of my favorite bookshelves from around the world wide web. I, for one, am setting a new personal life goal: to one day have a ceiling and/or staircase bookshelf:

(This one makes me a little dizzy, but it's cool. I wish it was real though - if you look closely it looks like it's just a digitally-edited photo. The books are bent...)


That's patriotism.

New life goal: books on the ceiling. Talk about optimal use of space.

I can't tell if these are indents into the wall, or if they stick out, but I'm ok with it either way.

Dude. Book staircase... 'nough said.
Bwaaa ha ha. PACMAN.

Happy Friday!

6 comments

  1. I want the picture frame ones! I'm going to figure out how to recreate them for my new apartment. I'll let you know how it goes.

    P.S. Did I tell you I'm moving? Well, I am. April 30th. My apartment will be amazing. You should stop by to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this post. Neat-o! I will send you pics of my attic library soon, for a future bookshelf post. Not as fancy, but definitely getting there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the books in the ceiling - I wonder if I could get my husband to go for that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily - You're moving? Where to, gumshoe? I will definitely stop by... just need to hop on a plane. See you soon.

    Jay - DEFINITELY need pictures of the attic library. Totally jealous.

    Bermudiaonion - I'm trying to convince the fiance that we should have a book ceiling. Or staircase. He's pointed out that we rent, so it's impractical. But I figure that's not a no, so I'm holding out hope...

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite is the framed ones! I'm too short to want books on my ceiling...ladders make me nervous, and I don't want to risk life and limb just to get a book. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. and this is why i just can't totally support ebooks ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!