Happy National Grammar Day!

It's National Grammar day - how on earth did I miss this?? For those of you who somehow missed the memo: I love grammar. Love it. I like things to be grammatically correct, I like to correct grammatical mistakes, I like having my grammar corrected, and I like talking about grammar things. Yes, I am that much of a nerd.

The official slogan for the holiday (from the National Grammar Day website):
Language is something to be celebrated, and March 4 is the perfect day to do it. It's not only a date, it's an imperative: March forth on March 4 to speak well, write well, and help others do the same!
Do you love grammar too? Check out this grammar-tastic stuff:

Awesome grammar video:


Fabulous School of Rock t-shirts (you all remember Schoolhouse Rock, right?: "Conjunction junction, what's your function? / Hooking up phrases and words and clauses...")















Other great grammar garb:
















And some great sites for seeing all those other people just as obsessed with comma placement and the like:

Grammar Girl's Flickr Site

The Grammar Devotional: A Daily Calendar

The "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks


And last, but certainly not least, I whole-heartedly recommend Lynne Truss' book: Eats, Shoots and Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation (and the New Yorker's fun review of it).

Enjoy, all you grammarphobes. March forth!

No comments

Thanks for stopping by!