In the Library... A Perfume?

I've said in the past, quiet seriously, "If they made 'old book' as a perfume, I would wear it. And 'new book' for going out." Don't you just love the way a good old book smells? There's something about a dusty old hardcover that speaks of... book.

My dad recently ordered some out-of-print sailing books online, and when I went home to visit, he had them waiting in a stack for me to smell. Maybe this weird love of book smell is inherited.

Luckily, my dad and I aren't alone in this love.

The genius behind CB Perfumes, who seem similar to Demeter in that they make scents of real things (Demeter makes scents such as Laundry, Gin & Tonic, Tomato, Earl Grey, and "Peach" -- and they are all strikingly accurate), has found a way to bottle this perfect scent. The scent called In the Library, described as "English Novel taken from a Signed First Edition of one of my very favorite novels, Russian & Moroccan leather bindings, worn cloth and a hint of wood polish."

The scent is available in perfume, water perfume (I'm unclear what that is) and room spray. Head over to the CB I Hate Perfume website to order.

Is this heaven for a bookworm, or what? I guess I should technically wait to actually smell the perfume before judging... nope, too late, I'm already ecstatic, and have set my expectations high. Thanks to Merry Day (a family friend) and David Mitchell for sending the link to me!

2 comments

  1. This is so rad! Thanks so much for sharing. I'm pretty sure a little bottle of this is going to make it into one of my giveaways. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying to get a bottle myself! I'll let you know what it's like.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!