Reagan Arthur Books Challenge

I'm not much of one for challenges, really - I like to read what I like, when I like to read it. I do like some encouragement when it comes to selecting books, though, because it can be such a daunting task (do I detect an idea for a future blog post?).

So when a helpful commenter posted a link to the Reagan Arthur Books Challenge, I took a peek. Turns out a lot of the books on my to-watch list are actually coming from Reagan Arthur...

Reagan Arthur is a new imprint of Little, Brown and Company, which is part of Hachette. Boring details aside, RA Books has the kind of mission statement I can fully support:

"Reagan Arthur Books is an imprint with a simple, single focus: great writing in the service of great stories. It will be a home for writers of literary novels, adventures, memoir, true narrative—a place where books aren’t separated by genre, but bound by a common love of language and storytelling. The authors on their list are some of the most talented and original writers at work today, from critically acclaimed and award-winning bestsellers to fresh-out-of-the-gate, dazzling newcomers. Their goal is to give readers what they want most: the unique and lasting pleasure of sitting alone with a good book, being moved and entertained and even changed forever."
Who can't love that? The book I reviewed yesterday, Marriage and Other Acts of Charity, is actually a Reagan Arthur title, as is Day For Night, which I am about to start (after reading a glowing review on the Boswell and Books blog).

I figure, if the books look good and the challenge isn't too demanding... why not give it a go and support a new imprint in the process? I'm also looking forward to The Unnamed (Joshua Ferris) and Doors Open (a new title from Scottish author Ian Rankin).

You too can join the challenge at the Reagan Arthur Books Challenge website, or see a full list of upcoming Reagan Arthur titles.

Stay tuned for a giveaway related to the above...

2 comments

  1. Welcome to the challenge. It's going to be so much fun. Thanks for helping to promote it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited that you're joining the challenge because I think it's going to be lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!