#ReadHarder: Challenge Accepted

In recent years, I've shied away from challenges for a variety of reasons, most of which drill down to this: I don't like reading on a schedule. I even failed (miserably) at last year's TBR Challenge (I read one book from my list), and those were all books I already wanted to read (and already owned, for goodness' sake).


But here I am again, joining in on Book Riot's Read Harder challenge. Why? Because I like the idea of using the challenge to read books I own and books I don't; books in new-to-me genres and well-loved genres; books I've heard of and those I have to seek out to fill some category or another.

So we'll see how it goes. I'll keep track of my progress and what books I read on this page and on a Goodreads shelf. I can already tell you that some categories will be no-brainers (a book published this year) while others will push me very far outside my comfort zone (a collection of poetry).

The Categories:

(With Rachel's originally recommended links for reading suggestions linked with each category)

Are you joining the Read Harder Challenge this year?

4 comments

  1. Tempted, tempted. But Panels might also have something in the works. Ahem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't really make resolutions this year, just told myself I was going to try to read with more intention, so I figured this would help with that.


    I'm intrigued by a Panels parallel... I've been getting more into comics and graphic novels lately, and don't always know where to start or what to read next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like fun! I probably won't actively join the challenge, but it might be fun to look back at the end of the year and see how many things I inadvertently checked off the list. (I'm a cheater.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!