BBAW: First Treasure, or The New Dork Review of Books Makes an Appearance (Again)

I'm interrupting my regular posts this week (ok, fine, they haven't been that regular, but cut me some slack?) in honor of BBAW - Book Blogger Appreciation Week. Originally founded in 2008 by Amy at My Friend Amy, the event(s) is(are) designed to promote book bloggers across the web, and generally get them recognized as legitimate, intelligent, book-loving people. At least that's what I understood, but maybe I should let Amy speak for herself? Check out her description of the event here, or in a recent interview at The Book Case.

The first post of this week discusses a book blog I've discovered in the last year. I recently posted a few links to blogs and posts I recommended, so at the risk of repeating myself, I'm once again giving a shout out to Greg at The New Dork Review of Books. Greg, can you tell I have a blog crush, here? I literally skip over the rest of the blogs in my reader when Greg posts a new article or review. Yep, he's that good. Insightful, witty, and (ok, I'm biased here) with book tastes similar to my own, his blog is more than enjoyable. And expect lively discussions in the comment section. And, not surprisingly, it was short-listed this year for the Best Literary Book Blog for BBAW.

Ok, so... I've laid my blog-admiration soul bare. What other blogs do you recommend (book or otherwise)?

7 comments

  1. Thank you so much for pointing me in the Dorky direction. This looks like a good one to savor! Bookmarking and subscribing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fan of the New Dork, too! I often skip over other blogs, too, to read his latest post :)

    Happy BBAW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just made my freakin' day! Thanks so much for the kinds words - and of course, I'm a big fan of Entomology of a Bookworm, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, love the Dork, too!! Everyone loves a good blog crush!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh. Okay I think I better check him out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. obviously a blog not to be missed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!