Great Idea Friday: Books as Jewelry

A few months back, I posted about a company that turned old books into purses - to mixed responses. There are those that found the book purses really cool, and others that balked at the idea of tearing apart a book in order to make a fashion accessory. Well, I'm back at-cha with another book-as-wearable-art site, this time turning pages and pages of a book into jewelry: Littlefly.



What are your thoughts? Awesome way to display the written word, or too much book destruction for you?

(All images are Littlefly's)

---

Many thanks to Shelf Awareness, who originally posted the link.

3 comments

  1. The book destruction is a little hard for me to get past at first but those pieces are so lovely I think I could live in denial that a book was harmed for them. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like destroying books, but I like what I see in those pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!