"Jersey Shore" Book to Hit Shelves in July... What Will They Think of Next?

Well, we all knew that television - particularly reality television - had gone to the shitter when MTV aired its first episode of "Jersey Shore." It only got worse as the show gained popularity, sparked 'controversies' and created quasi-celebrities of the Jersey Shore house residents.

To my eternal shame, I have seen every episode of Jersey Shore. While I'm confessing, I might as well announce that I also watch Tool Academy and the Real Housewives of New York City. What? Shocked, you are? Well I can see that - my television choices don't always jive with my stance on reading choices. But to me, they are separate worlds: television is for mindless entertainment, books are for intelligent, thoughtful entertainment. [The bookworm ducks under her desk as the film and television gurus start throwing books at her.]

Sadly, the line between my self-imposed categorization is becoming more and more blurred. Case in point: St. Martin's has just landed a deal for a Jersey Shore book, written (these people can write!?) by none other than J-Woww and Ronnie. The two started dating while in the Jersey Shore house, and the book is thus named Never Fall in Love at the Jersey Shore. The title, however, is misleading, as the book will have nothing to do with not falling in love at the Shore. According to the PW announcement, J-Woww and Ronnie will "two explain how to balance work, love, and partying, while properly taking care of hair, nails, and skin -- as well as everything else that goes into living an authentic Jersey Shore lifestyle."

Why anyone would want a how-to guide on a Jersey Shore lifestyle is beyond me. Entertainment Weekly hit the nail on the head with their sarcastic announcement: "That’s right, folks! You too can be a lowest common denominator!" I just hope they remember to cover GTL (Gym. Tan. Laundry.).

I have a sinking feeling that the book will be a hit, flying off the shelves just in time for the premiere of season 2 of the show... which, naturally, will take place in Miami... What is the world coming to?

1 comment

  1. I laughed out loud at the "lowest common denominator" comment. It's funny because it's true.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!