Oops, I Did It Again



Remember a few months ago when I wrote about not half-assing two things, instead choosing to focus on truly whole-assing one thing at a time? (It's a quote from Parks & Rec, and I've got it framed and hung on my office wall.)


No? That's ok; I forgot about it too. Until I realized I'd gotten back into the business of half-assing many things. Maybe even less than half-assing. And so things started to slip through the cracks: deadlines, this blog, random volunteer commitments, reading for pleasure.

This is my "I'm exhausted and just want to eat bacon and take naps" face, and pretty much sums up how I've felt the last few weeks. 

I'm here to put myself back on course. I'm taking the rest of September off from my little corner of the internet (officially--since I haven't posted since September 7th anyway, might as well just make it for real), and will be back after a business trip the first week of October. I'll be focusing on work (we're in the midst of our fall grant cycle, which I love, but makes for busy, brain-leeching days) and running (my half marathon is October 10th!) and maybe reading just one thing that isn't on a deadline. Maybe.

This isn't the post I sat down to write, but sometimes, things just write themselves.

See you in October, folks, with travel recaps and running updates and hopefully lots of great books to share. In the meantime, happy reading!

I'll still be hanging out on Twitter and Instagram and prepping for the Readathon in the coming weeks... if you haven't already signed up, do so here!

No comments

Thanks for stopping by!