Don't Marry a Girl Who Reads

If you haven't already seen it, this article from Thought Catalog is not to be missed: You Should Date an Illiterate Girl. A well-written and thought-provoking article on the impact of reading on our lives, our love lives, and our outlooks.
"Don’t date a girl who reads because girls who read are the storytellers. You with the Joyce, you with the Nabokov, you with the Woolf. You there in the library, on the platform of the metro, you in the corner of the cafĂ©, you in the window of your room. You, who make my life so god damned difficult. The girl who reads has spun out the account of her life and it is bursting with meaning..."

4 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing the link. I really enjoyed reading the article. It should be read by all book-loving females everywhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i second darlyn. thanks for the link; it was a gorgeous piece and i never would have found it otherwise.

    -- ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you linked to this. It's quite a powerful message. Also, I had never been to Thought Catalog before and I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you all enjoyed it! It was the first I'd seen Though Catalog as well, but I'll be revisiting again, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!