Fall Forward: Impatience is a Virtue

I posted earlier this week about nine summer books I missed and can't wait to get my hands on now that my self-imposed Summer of TBR is over. But in addition to all the great books I skipped this summer, there's a ton of amazing literature slated for release this fall. Am I missing anything in my collection below? What are you most excited about for fall?

   The Art of the Short Story from The Paris Review   Astray, a new novel from the author of Room 
Live by Night, a new novel from Dennis Lehane, author of Mystic River      In Sunlight and in Shadow, a new novel from Mark Helprin
       Sweet Tooth, a new novel from Ian McEwan  
   The Twelve, by Justin Cronin   The Casual Vacancy, by J.K. Rowling 

5 comments

  1. Read ALL THE BOOKS. I really want to read the Valenti one. And the Rowling one. Too many books, not enough time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are SO MANY BOOKS. I'm having one of those MUSTREADMOREFASTER weeks :-)

      Delete
  2. Ok. Some of these are new to me so I'm writing them down and then searching the goodreads. Yep. Brenna (Literary Musings) and I are hosting a Casual Vacancy readalong. Would you be interested in joining?! The more the merrier. :)

    I read some excerpts and an interview with Jessica Valenti on Why Have Kids? and I'm sure it's a good read. I don't know if I'll pick it up now but I'd be interested to see what you think when you do!

    All incredible cover art on those featured. I think I need to get a new job :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear! I'd love to join the readalong... when does it start? Off to check both of your blogs, I must have missed it earlier (I'm way behind on my Google Reader, for shame).

      I'm intrigued by the Why Have Kids? book, especially in light of the recent "Can Women Have It All?" debates. Seems like a particularly current subject. Plus I've been married two years now so it seems like the de facto question when I reconnect with people lately is, "So... when are you having kids?"

      Delete
  3. The Twelve! I. Can't. Wait.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!