Classics Club Spin

The Classics Club is doing another spin this weekend, and in an effort to get myself motivated on my fifty books before I turn 30, here's a list of 20 classics still on my list to read, most of which I already own:

Hemingway Works
The Sun Also Rises
Short Stories
To Have and Have Not
Islands in the Stream

Books I've Already Started and Just Need to Finish
The Portable Dorothy Parker 
Gone with the Wind
Hound of the Baskervilles

Classics to Re-Read and Savor
One Hundred Years of Solitude, by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Breakfast at Tiffany's, by Truman Capote
Dubliners, by James Joyce
The Count of Monte Cristo,by Alexandre Dumas

From the 30 Books to Read Before You're 30 List
The Dream of a Common Language, by Adrienne Rich
The Sun Also Rises, (yeah, ok, I put this on the list twice, is that cheating?)
A Room of One's Own, by Virginia Woolf
The Golden Notebook, by Doris Lessing
Song of Solomon, by Toni Morrison

Ones I Just Own and Need to Pick Up Already
At Swim Two Birds, by Flann O'Brien
The Warden, by Anthony Trollope
Lady Chatterly's Lover, by D.H. Lawrence
A Tale of Two Cities, by Charles Dickens




Updated: The spin number is #10, which for me is Dubliners by James Joyce. I read this in college for an Irish lit class, and wrote a paper about "The Dead." I'm excited to go back and re-read this one on my own terms, not as an assignment.

1 comment

  1. I've never read it, but I've had several people recommend it to me as a good place to start with Joyce. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!