2013: A Year in Numbers

I kicked off 2013 with a few big reading goals, all of which seem to have done me some good:

  • 100 books, 30,000 pages
  • Read better
  • Less challenges
  • More readalongs
In 2013, I read less books than I read in 2012, but more pages. I read less ARCs and reviewed less titles on assignment, but upped the number of my own TBR titles significantly. I participated in no challenges except the Classics Club, instead opting for the more personal readalongs that I've come to love--for Harry Potter in the spring, and hosting my own for Jane Eyre in September. 

Because I love me some numbers and data and spreadsheets, here are my 2013 reading stats in visual form. I use a spreadsheet full of formulas to keep track of my reading stats and goals (which, by the way, I am happy to share with anyone who would like a copy for themselves), and have grown to love watching the numbers change year over year.

Onwards to 2014... reading resolutions still under consideration!




16 comments

  1. Holy tomes Batman!! You love a long book i think! Way to go and your graphics are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently I do... that wasn't even intentional!

      Delete
  2. I'd love a copy of your spreadsheet. I have one with lists of all the books I read since 2000, but it is sadly lacking in the formula department (and this feels like one of those situations where it is stupid to try and reinvent the wheel).

    marelden@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your infographic. Love love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love data, so having numbers to play with and make into pretty charts was more fun for me than I care to admit.

      Delete
  4. This looks gorgeous! Digging your love for the long books and ladies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm sort of obsessed with infogram but rarely have any data worth making into infographics. Must work on that. The long book and I were BFFs this year. Hoping that's a trend that continues, though it was never done intentionally in the first place!

      Delete
  5. That's so well presented - and impressive. The even spread of formats is intriguing - hardbacks are so expensive here, I would rarely read one unless if was a library book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're expensive here, but I'd say my hardbacks are one part new books purchased at indies and author signings/events, one part bought at the used bookstore near my house, and one part library books.

      Delete
  6. Yay reading stat infographic! Good job w/ your 2013 stats. And good luck in 2014

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! Here's to another great year of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your graphs and everything about it. Must look into this in the future... Hope you achieve your goals in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I loved this visual of your stats! And I'm so impressed with how many big books you read! Off to read your resolution post now... :)

    P.S. I'd really, really love a copy of your spreadsheet. I've tried starting one, but I'm clueless when it comes to them :(

    brieanafraser at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!