#BoutofBooks 2014: Updates

I'll be updating this post over the course of the week with daily updates, mini-challenges, etc. 


Work went off the rails yesterday, and a belated Mother's Day dinner/Game of Thrones viewing event with my family meant limited time to read. I did make significant headway in the first volume of Brian K. Vaughn's The Last Man, however, and am planning to finish this and Volume 2 tonight.
  • Books completed: 0
  • Books read: Y: The Last Man, Vol 1
  • Pages read: 80

Day 2 Update: Two Graphic Novels Complete
Work is still crazy, but I managed to finish the first two volumes of Brian Vaughn’s Y: The Last Man series, and have made a 100-page dent in Thorn Jack. So, not too shabby overall. Hoping to finish Thorn Jack today, with any luck!
  • Books completed: 2
  • Books read: Y: The Last Man, Vol 1; Y: The Last Man, Vol 2; Thorn Jack
  • Pages read: 356

Day 3 Update: Still Slow...
A very belated update post for Day 3 of #boutofbooks! I still haven’t finished Thorn Jack, which I’d hope to complete last night, but I did add some Mindy to the mix. And now that it’s 11PM on Day 4, maybe I’ll actually crack open a book?
  • Books completed: 2
  • Books read: Y: The Last Man, Vol 1; Y: The Last Man, Vol 2; Thorn Jack; Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?
  • Pages read: 449

Day 4 Update: Not Much of an Update
It's almost not worth updating today, since I only read a few pages yesterday. But in the interest of being a good participant, my new stats as of the end of yesterday (Day 4). I'm hopping on an airplane this afternoon to head to a work function tomorrow, so at least I *know* I'll get some reading done today...
  • Books completed: Still 2
  • Books read: Y: The Last Man, Vol 1; Y: The Last Man, Vol 2; Thorn Jack; Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?
  • Pages read: 508

I spent most of yesterday in an airport or on an airplane (~8 hours), which means I finally managed to catch up on some reading. Travel like that is exhausting, but also sometimes just what my reading brain needs to recharge. 
  • Books completed: 4
  • Books read: Y: The Last Man, Vol 1; Y: The Last Man, Vol 2; Thorn Jack; Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?; Someone Else's Skin
  • Pages read: 1078

Day 6 Update: Starting Book #6
The downside of all the travel yesterday was that it was travel for work, not play, so today was mostly spent reading. I did squeak in the first 70 pages of The Visitors, and am enjoying the trip into the tombs of ancient Egypt so far...
  • Books completed: 4
  • Books read: Y: The Last Man, Vol 1; Y: The Last Man, Vol 2; Thorn Jack; Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?; Someone Else's Skin; The Visitors
  • Pages read: 1148
Another day of travel meant a lot more progress on The Visitors. It's a long book, so I still didn't manage to up my total number of books completed, but overall, not too shabby!
  • Books completed: 4
  • Books read: Y: The Last Man, Vol 1; Y: The Last Man, Vol 2; Thorn Jack; Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?; Someone Else's Skin; The Visitors
  • Pages read: 1524

4 comments

  1. Just gotta love those days when work goes off the rails and interrupts reading. I didn't have one of those days yesterday, but I suspect it'll happen sometime this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So frustrating, isn't it? And I had such high hopes for the start of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the first volume of Y: The Last Man, but really didn't enjoy the second. I had a big break between them, though, and maybe was just in a strange mood. Everyone seems to love that whole series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely liked the first volume better than the second, but I liked the second enough to immediately want to dive into the third. The second felt very, very angry.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!