#BoutofBooks: Kick-off Post

Bout of Books is upon us, and I'm thrilled to be participating for the first time! My goal is simply to read more than usual between May 12th (today) and Sunday, May 18th. Since I've been in a slump, "more than usual" is really anything more than one book/week, and I'm hoping this is the kick in the pants I need to get myself back in gear... (I said that about #24in48 though, too).

The official description from the team:



The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 12th and runs through Sunday, May 18th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 10 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

I've never really been able to participate in this event before, but given some work travel I have coming up this weekend, I actually think I'll have some solid chunks of time to dedicate to my books this week.

My list includes two June books I need to wrap up ASAP for review, two carry-overs from my #24in48 readathon list that I didn't get to, two titles from my un-touched TBR Challenge stack, two library books I need to return by Wednesday, and two July books just in case I want to get ahead. As usual with reading lists, I obviously don't plan to get to all of these, but hope to have enough variety to keep me engaged all week!


Who else is joining in? Any advice from people who have participated before? I know I'm a little overwhelmed by all the mini-challenges already!


5 comments

  1. Case Histories and The Omnivore's Dilemma have been on my shelves for an embarrassingly long time. And THE SPARROW! That's all I'll gush about that. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought The Sparrow on the weekend. My husband has started it and he's the slowest reader ever, so that means I won't start it for months. But your list looks great. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're joining in! I wouldn't feel too overwhelmed by the mini challenges - just like in other readathons, they're optional. I usually just try to make it a point to squeeze in more reading and track as much as I can during these weeks, so it's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great selection to read from this week. I'm also participating in Bout of Books for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy! Remember this is no pressure - it's just you and your books :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!