European Adventures: The Reading List

Last week, I wrote about my upcoming trip to Europe for the month of September (month! This is starting to feel so real...), and picking my reading list. I've finally narrowed down my selections. Seven cities, ten books (more than I'll need, of course, but such is the life of a bookworm, right?):


We've booked the entirety of our itinerary via AirBnB, renting apartments in city neighborhoods rather than staying in hotels, and I'm packing in the most spectacular L.L. Bean backpack I've ever seen (packing for a month in just a backpack will be an adventure unto itself, but one I think I'm fairly prepared for). Let the adventuring begin?

9 comments

  1. Thanks! I'm a bit of an overplanner, and my husband is the type who would just buy a return ticket there and wing it on arrival, so I think we make a decent combination when we travel together... keeps me from going overboard on planning, and keeps him from sleeping in a ditch because he has no hotel reservations. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to hearing your opinions on some of these. Enjoy the trip! I love to read foodie travelogues to get ready for all the great eating I plan to do before a trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma @ Words And PeaceAugust 22, 2014 at 7:43 PM

    Baxter's book on Paris is awesome, great choice! enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the name alone, and I'd never heard of it--thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely excited for the eating parts. Very, very excited for the eating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, so good to hear! I debated between that and another non-fiction account of living in Paris (can't recall the title now), so glad to hear good things about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I ask, what did you think of the ending? I was enjoying the book pretty well all the way through, and then when I got to the ending I was ANGRY. It's so rare for me to be genuinely angry at a book for a plot turn that it takes, but I was legitimately angry about the ending of Tigerman.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just remember to leave extra room for any books you pick up along the way. Because, let's face it, that always happens!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never read Harkaway which is kind of ridiculous. I've read and heard ALL the good things.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!