What I'm Reading This (Winter) Week

I'm heading up to New England this week to visit family for the holiday, and having gotten a wee bit ahead of my assigned review copies, I'm so excited to be packing only pleasure books for the trip. Of course, I'll have my Nook along for the ride, so have plenty of galleys and alternative titles to choose from, but here's what I'm most excited about:



Wild, by Cheryl Strayed: I have a slight obsession with Cheryl Strayed's Tiny Beautiful Things, so have no excuse for not reading this. It's been on my reading lists for #24in48, Dewey's Readathon, #NonFicNov, and so many other reading events, but I just keep putting it off, afraid it will disappoint me somehow. No more. I'm doing this. Leah (Books Speak Volumes) and Shannon (River City Reading) have assured me at various times that it's different than TBT, but not disappointing. 

The Snow Child, by Eowyn Ivey: I bought this on Nathan Dunbar's recommendation. That was six months ago, and I still haven't read it. It's cold out, and it's a cold-looking book, SO LET'S DO THIS.

Etta & Otto & Russell & James, by Emma Hooper: I should just attribute my reading decisions this week to Nathan Dunbar, because this is another he recommended. I've got a galley and it looks strange and lovely and weird and wonderful and I can't wait.

A Christmas Carol, by Charles Dickens: I've made it an annual tradition to read this each year in December, in part because I love it, in part because I love Dickens, in part because it reminds me of the season. For the last few years, I've been circling through various audio versions--last year was Sir Patrick Stewart, the year before that Jim Dale--and I'm excited to give the Tim Curry version a try. 

Not pictured: The last five episodes of Serial (not a book but just as fun), which we've been stockpiling for the drive to Connecticut... DON'T TELL ME HOW IT ENDS. 

No comments

Thanks for stopping by!