Week in Reading: March 21st

Heyo, wouldja look at that, I'm still here! Mostly. Work's been busy, and I've been spending my limited free time trying to read all the things. Which has meant limited brain power and/or spare time to write any things. C'est la vie.


Luckily, there have been some goooood books keeping me occupied of late.
This Side of Providence, by Rachel M. Harper, was a kaleidoscopic novel about poverty and addiction and immigration and growing up and so many more things, and was excellently done (on sale March 29th). Not quite as wonderful, but still intriguing in its own odd way, was The Vanishers, by Heidi Julavits--a perfect pick for Weirdathon as it featured psychics and psychic attacks and people wearing other people's faces. Yep. Up next for Weirdathon is probably The Killing Moon, by N.K. Jemisin.

I finished Running: A Love Story, by Jen A. Miller, a fun read about one non-elite runner's journey to and through the sport (review to come); it seemed only natural to follow this up by *finally* picking up Born to Run, by Christopher Macdougal, which has been on my shelf for years. Hello, reading my own damn books.

And for the ongoing mini-long distance book club buddy read with a friend, I'm really enjoying my re-read of American Gods, by Neil Gaiman. 

---

What are you reading this week?

No comments

Thanks for stopping by!