Week in Reading: September 19th

A week in reading, indeed! I finally seem to have remembered how to read a book, and damn, it feels good to be back at it.




I devoured A Study in Scarlet Women in one sitting last week--a clever (and never derivative) take on the classic Sherlock Holmes stories featuring an almost entirely female cast, and kicked off the start of many a reading hour. After a significant chunk of progress with the very lengthy, but so far still very entertaining Count of Monte Cristo, I paused in the classic to pick up Brit Bennet's The Mothers. Eighty pages in, I'm already prepared to add this to my list of best books of 2016. On my headphones, I'm really loving A Curious Beginning, by Deanna Raybourn.

---


In other news, mark your calendars for the October readalong of The Men We Reaped, by Jesmyn Ward, for the October Social Justice Book Club. A schedule and sign-up post will follow tomorrow.

---

What are you reading this week?

No comments

Thanks for stopping by!