Social Justice Book Club: The Men We Reaped Sign-up & Schedule


We're gearing up for the October edition of the Social Justice Book Club. Based on participant input, we'll be reading Men We Reaped: A Memoir by Jesmyn Ward this month. In order to help keep us all on the same page (somewhat literally), I've outlined an (entirely optional) schedule for the month's reading below. I bumped start/end dates to Mondays instead of Saturdays, as I for one try to spend less time at my computer on the weekends than I do during weekdays. But feel free to post whenever works for you!





October 3rd: Kick-off and Introductions
(Optional intro post/check-in with discussion questions; I'll email questions a few days in advance)

October 3rd - October 17th: Chapters 1-6 (Prologue through the end of "Charles Joseph Martin")

October 17th: Midway Discussion Post
(Optional mid-way check-in with discussion questions; I'll email questions a few days in advance)

October 17th - October 31st: Chapters 7-11 ("We Are Watching" through to the end)

October 31st: Wrap Up & Link Up to Reviews/Discussion
(I'll share optional discussion questions for use in final discussions, but feel free to write about whatever you like!)

---

It's super helpful for me to know who's planning to participate each month so I know which blogs/social channels to keep an eye on. Additionally, I'll plan to send a kick-off, midway and wrap-up email to those signed up for this month's reading.

Questions? Complaints? Suggestions? Drop 'em in the comments, or shoot me an email at ofabookworm AT gmail DOT com.

Looking forward to reading along with all of you!



x

No comments

Thanks for stopping by!