Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon (October 2016 edition)




Readathon is here! Readathon is here!

I'll be updating this post throughout the day...

11:15am:


I'm way late to getting my day started; it's 11:15am here and I'm only just sitting down after driving out to Western MD for a four-mile race this morning. It was cold and insanely windy, but it's one of my favorite local races, so I didn't want to miss out. Now I'm heading to lunch with family in town, and then I'll settle in to read... but in the meantime, I figured I'd get this post set up in my 5-minute window between morning activities.

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

I'm reading in Frederick, Maryland, mostly from the comfort of my own home... but so excited to be spending an hour at Curious Iguana's in-store readathon event this afternoon as well!

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

Right now, finishing The Mothers. After that, I have no idea! They all look good!

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

I raced this morning, so... brunch and a bloody is sounding pretty damn incredible right about now. I also have this snickerdoodle hummus that is stupidly good with sweet potato chips, so that will be happening round about 4:30 when I start to hit my mid-afternoon hunger slump.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!

I'm wearing almost entirely Out of Print clothing today!

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
I'm not even remotely going for the whole stretch today. Taking that pressure to read as much as humanly possible is very different for me, but I'm looking forward to a balance of running, eating, family, local events, and, of course, reading!


No comments

Thanks for stopping by!