Readathon and I'm Ready for Action


It's one of the greatest reading weekends of the years, fellow bookworms: Readathon is nearly upon us! I'm so looking forward to taking a day away from reality to immerse myself in books, books, books. I've got a varied and ambitious stack: my main goals are to finish The Mothers, and catch up on a large chunk of The Count of Monte Cristo. But I've collected some other books that have been eying me (and a few shorties to help fill small gaps in the day) and I'm ready for action on Saturday:


On the readathon stack:


  • The Count of Monte Cristo, by Alexandre Dumas
  • The Mothers, by Brit Bennet
  • A Gentleman in Moscow, by Amor Towles
  • My Life in France, by Julia Child
  • Chronicle of a Death Foretold, by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
  • Ella Minnow Pea, by Mark Dunn
  • Milk and Honey, by Rupi Kaur
  • Urgent: Untold Stories, by Roxane Gay
  • The Invasion of the Tearling, by Erika Johansen (audio; not pictured)

Of course I won't get to all of these, but the lady likes diversity in options. I know I won't come close to 24 hours of reading: I've got a race scheduled for Saturday morning, and at some point during the day I know I'll be heading to Curious Iguana to check out their in-store readathon (doubling as a fundraiser for an awesome local nonprofit). If you're local-ish, be sure to check it out!

And last but not least, stay tuned for a mini-challenge from me coming up in Hour 19 on Saturday...

---

Who else will be participating in the 24-Hour Readathon this weekend? What are you most excited about?



No comments

Thanks for stopping by!