Week in Reading: February 6, 2017

It's been an unsurprisingly light week in the reading world over here. Work's work, but my spare time has been spent almost exclusively visiting a sick family member and running myself into the ground--not necessarily in that order. Luckily, getting to these visits means plenty of time for audiobooks, and my long run this weekend--my longest to date!--went well and didn't kill me. So, small things. Focus on the small things.

book cover collage of the autobiography of malcolm x, the unquiet dead by ausma zehanat khan, the sun is also a star by nicola yoon, american pastoral by philip roth, and fried green tomatoes at the whistle stop cafe by fannie flagg

In the car, I'm still listening to The Unquiet Dead, the first in Ausma Zehanat Khan's Inspector Esa Khattack series (I read the third last month and really loved it). Once I wrap that up, I'm looking at The Sun is Also a Star, by Nicola Yoon. I've heard so many good things about this one and really can't wait to get to it.

For book clubs, I'm reading American Pastoral by Philip Roth--and while I can appreciate his skill as a writer, I'm really struggling to get into this. Perhaps I'm not the intended audience; perhaps the intended audience has more spare brain cells than I do currently. Hard to say. I hope to finish by Thursday, if I can muster the time and energy. I'm also looking at Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe, the February pick for another club read. The Social Justice Book Club is also reading The Autobiography of Malcolm X, but I'm still waiting for my copy to come in, so. (You can sign up here for an invite to the SJBC Slack, if you'd like to join us!)

---

What are you reading this week? What should I be reading?

No comments

Thanks for stopping by!