Tag! You're It. - A Meme of Sorts

Rachel at A Home Between the Pages tagged me this week in a meme. I don't usually participate in these, but because I'm writing these posts in advance, I thought this would be a fun post.

The Rules:
(1) Accept the tag and link to the tagger at the beginning of your post.
(2) Answer the questions honestly in your post by listing four things.
(3) Pass on the love by picking four other people to tag and listing them at the bottom of your post. Notify them that you tagged them.

Four Things In My Handbag:
  • My Sony Pocket Reader - an acquisition I haven't posted much about on the blog yet, but I'm slowly coming around to reading e-books.
  • My red Moleskine half planner/half notebook. I still don't keep an electronic calendar, and use these for schedules and lists.
  • Lots of scraps of paper, receipts, envelopes, and the like.
  • iPod touch, which is soon to be replaced with my very first smartphone.

Four Favorite Things In My Bedroom:

  • Our nightstands, which are Ethan Allen, and were my Grandma's, and I have since refinished. I'm in the market for new hardware for them, too.
  • My bed. That's a cop-out, because that's what Rachel put, but seriously, it is so freaking comfortable that I can't even stand to get up in the morning.
  • The ceiling fan, because my fiancĂ© installed it himself, which I find awe-inspiring.
  • The One Line a Day journal, which is 365 pages long and allows you to write one line per day for five years, going back to page 1 on Jan 1 of the following year. Great for easy journaling, and for comparison year-to-year.

Four Things on My Desk:

  • A black Moleskine notebook with wedding planning notes, which is soon to be repurposed.
  • A stack of papers to be filed, bills to pay, coupons to cut, Real Simples to read, etc.
  • A multitude of Pilot G-2 .05 pens, my hands-down favorite.
  • Far too many boxes of notecards and stationary and notebooks, which I buy compulsively.

Four Things I’ve Always Wanted to Do (But Haven’t Yet):

  • Go to Ireland.
  • Learn to walk gracefully in heels.
  • Cut off all my hair.
  • Make a career of book reviewing and bookselling.

Four Things I Enjoy Very Much At The Moment:

  • Autumnal light.
  • The latest Jet Blue advertising campaign, You Above All.
  • Potato-leek soup.
  • Boots.

Four Songs I Can’t Get Out Of My Head:

  • Gone in the Morning (Newton Faulkner)
  • Little Lion Man (Mumford and Sons)
  • La Vie En Rose (Louis Armstrong)
  • Piano Man (Billy Joel)

Four Things You Don’t Know About Me:

  • You will rarely find me without a water bottle in tow. I'm obsessed with hydration.
  • I drink Jack on the rocks. I hate Jack-and-Coke, Jack-and-Ginger, or any other Jack-and drink. Jack. Rocks. Glass. Go.
  • I hated my fiancĂ© when I first met him. Totally "fratastic," was my snap judgment. I'm thrilled to have been proved wrong on this one.
  • My reading of the classics is sparse at best, especially if you discount what I read in high school. My aim is to fix this, someday.

Four Bloggers I’m Tagging:

3 comments

  1. Thanks for the tag! I really like the "One line a day" journal. Like Twitter but on paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fine post! You need to write more installments of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red - It's a really fun journal, especially because you can compare what you said a year ago to what is you are writing today.

    David - I try! I try! I'm hoping to have more time on my hands post-wedding, at any rate.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!