Dear Santa: All I Want For Christmas is a New, Orange Car

Were you really, really, really good this year? Or are you itching to spend $30k on a gently used car? Does knowing the proceeds go to the New York Public Library help? What if I told you the car came loaded with 75 Penguin titles for your reading enjoyment (though not for your reading-while-driving enjoyment, of course)?

Penguin is selling off the bright orange, Penguin-logoed Mini Cooper used in the celebratory tour for their 75th anniversary. For a mere $30,000, you - or the bookloving driver on your Christmas list - can own this gently used (15,000 miles) vehicle, signed by 18 Penguin authors. The car is available via Autotrader.com, and as mentioned above.

$30k is steep for a used Mini, but it does go to a good cause, and it comes with about $1000 worth of new books. Think it's worth it? Would you even want to drive a bright orange car emblazoned with the Penguin logo?

7 comments

  1. I would LOVE to drive a bright orange mini with the penguin logo on it! I wish I had $30k lying around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trish - It is, right?

    Red - I'd love to have $30k lying around for a whole host of reasons. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would drive it. No question!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just too cute-- I'd love to parade around town it it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad I'm not alone in my desire to drive a strange and branded orange Mini :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!