Checking In

Wow. I'm ashamed to look at my posting history over the last few months -- it's been a ghost town around here. To anyone that is still following me, thanks! That's some true dedication. To those that used to and have since stopped checking... well, I probably shouldn't bother writing to you, as you've stopped checking.

Which is all just a really long way of saying that I'm still here, I'm still blogging (sort of), I'm still reading (a lot!) and I'm hoping to get back in the swing of things in the coming weeks. I'm in the process of changing jobs, which I'm hoping will leave me with a more normal schedule. And though I have not crossed off any more Hemingway books on my list, or read War and Peace, I did fly an airplane, which was on my 26 by 26 list.

I've read a lot of great books lately, and will have reviews coming shortly of the following of Exley, The Girl with the Pearl Earring, The Year of the Flood, North River, and a few others. In the meantime, I've been reviewing titles for Shelf Awareness for Readers -- if you're short on book recommendations, hop on over and browse the latest reviews there. And be sure to subscribe for a twice-weekly dose of bookish love.

I've also been out of the loop on book news and other book blogs, so let me know what I've been missing!

6 comments

  1. Hey, that's awesome that you're reviewing for Shelf Awareness! I get the newsletter every day but I admit I haven't read them all and I haven't seen you on them. I'm not paying good enough attention.

    Anyway, of course still following. I'm not that fickle! :)

    Congrats, too, on your job change. I hope that all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to check in! Having just gone through it myself, I know exactly what you mean about changing jobs. It took me a while to get back in the blogging game (and I still feel a little out of the loop!). Your awesomest followers are still here and will be when you're back to posting regularly!

    Congrats on reviewing for Shelf Awareness! I feel like I know a celebrity :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, The Year of the Flood. Can't wait for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new job, and that's fantastic that you're reviewing for Shelf Awareness - Can't wait to hear what you thought of Girl with a Pearl Earring and Year of the Flood.

    I haven't changed jobs but still have trouble keeping a regular blogging pace. Life can be silly-busy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still here! I'm loving your recent reviews too on Girl with a Pearl Earring and Year of the Flood. I've read the first but not the second - which makes me sad because I love Atwood. Keep posting and I'll keep reading! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!