Give Bookish Thanks

This year, I am thankful for our bookish community. For finding a place online -- or rather, several places -- that share in my love for books, reading, and the printed word. I am thankful that there are teams of intelligent, passionate people who aim to make the world of the printed word jive with the era of the backlit screen.

I am thankful there are people who are able to dedicate themselves full-time to these tasks of sharing and loving and promoting books, whether it be in a publishing house, at a bookstore, or by creating a small company that promotes books online. I am thankful that there are others who are willing to spend their free time, their me-time, doing the same. I am thankful that through the combined efforts of authors, editors, agents, publishers, bookstores, bloggers, publications, and so many more, I have a house full of books waiting to be read, a world of stories I have yet to discover.

I don't care who makes money doing this, or who complains too much, or who reads what books when, or who gets reviewed where. What I really care about is that we are all passionate about one thing: books. And together, we can be thankful that that passion still exists, in all forms, despite all of the things that threaten it.

---

I'm off visiting family, stuffing my face, and sticking my nose in a book or six for the rest of the week. Back on Monday. Safe travels, and happy Thanksgiving!

6 comments

  1. I never want to lose the online bookish community. Reading is the greatest social act and I love having blogs and Goodreads and twitter to share all that.

    Have a good thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. Have a thankful, bookish Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post! Happy Thanksgiving :-) I get a lot of joy from having a relationship with the bookish bloggy community. **sigh** finally some like minded people in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful I found you. A sweet post. Makes me feel part of a really lovely group.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!