Miss Representation, and a Vacation

For those in the Annapolis / DC / Baltimore / VA area, there's an amazing event going on tonight at the Annapolis Bookstore -- a screening of the film Miss Representation, and a discussion afterwards. Description from ABS' event listing:
Like drawing back a curtain to let bright light stream in, Miss Representation uncovers a glaring reality we live with every day but fail to see. Written and directed by Jennifer Siebel Newsom, the film exposes how mainstream media contribute to the under-representation of women in positions of power and influence in America. The film challenges the media's limited and often disparaging portrayals of women and girls, which make it difficult for women to achieve leadership positions and for the average
Worth checking out if you are around!

I'm headed off on some international travels, so the blog will be quiet next week (although it's been pretty quiet all month, if I'm honest with myself). Thanks to all for the great reading recommendations for my trip -- I owe some reviews when I'm back!

No comments

Thanks for stopping by!