Looking Forward: Upcoming Books I Can't Wait to Read

What better way to get excited about a new year than to look forward to all the books we can't wait to read? Even though we're six weeks in to 2013 (how did that happen, anyway?), here are my most-anticipated reads for first half of the year:

The Fall of Arthur, by JRR Tolkien   Gulp: Adventures on the Alimentary Canal, by Mary Roach   Odds Against Tomorrow, by Nathaniel Rich
Letters to a Young Scientist, by Edward Osborne Wilson   A Memory of Light, by Brandon Sanderson   The Tenth of December, by George Saunders
Truth in Advertising, by John Kenney   All That Is, by James Salter   A Thousand Pardons, by Jonathan Dee
Woke Up Lonely, by Fiona Maazel   Grand Central: How a Train Station Transformed America, by Sam Roberts   How Literature Saved My Life, by David Shields

Also, this fall: Donna Tartt's third novel, The Goldfinch, and Margaret Atwood's continuation of the Maddadam series, Maddadam.

4 comments

  1. Gulp sounds interesting! I've seen her books around and I always think I should try one out, but somehow I just haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a bit of an obsession with Mary Roach... she is hysterical and weird and brilliant and wonderful. If you haven't read any of her books, I'd recommend starting with Stiff. That's my favorite of hers so far!

      Delete
  2. I just finished Frances and Bernard and it was gorgeous. Also The Dinner is brilliant in concept and execution. A book made to be discussed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I've heard good things about The Dinner and forgot that one for my list! Off to look up Frances and Bernard now...

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!