The Classics Club: Spin!

The rules, as set out by the hosts of the Classics Club:
  • Pick twenty books that you’ve got left to read from your Classics Club List.
  • Try to challenge yourself: list five you are dreading/hesitant to read, five you can’t WAIT to read, five you are neutral about, and five free choice (favorite author, rereads, ancients — whatever you choose.)
  • Post that list, numbered 1-20, on your blog by next Monday.
  • Monday morning, we’ll announce a number from 1-20. Go to the list of twenty books you posted, and select the book that corresponds to the number we announce.
  • The challenge is to read that book by April 1, even if it’s an icky one you dread reading! (No fair not listing any scary ones!)
Since I have well more than 20 books left on my own list, I figured this was a good way to get myself jumpstarted without actually choosing a book myself. Here's my 20:

Five I've been putting off:
1) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
2) A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
3) The Warden by Anthony Trollope
4) Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell
5) To Have and Have Not by Ernest Hemingway

Five I'm excited about:
6) Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
7) Tender is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald
8) The Garden of Eden by Ernest Hemingway
9) The Spy Who Came In From the Cold by John le Carre
10) The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Five I haven't read since middle/high school:
11) The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
12) Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
13) Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
14) A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
15) Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote

Five I own and have never read:
16) The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
17) Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
18) At Swim Two Birds by Flann O'Brien
19) Dracula by Bram Stoker
20) The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway

No comments

Thanks for stopping by!