Week in Reading: March 10

It's been a quiet week in this little blogosphere, and unfortunately a quiet week on my reading front as well. I've been celebrating family birthdays, traveling, and have some upcoming drives for work, so anticipate that things will continue to be quiet here for a bit... but I've got some excellent books to keep me company while I flit up and down the East Coast.




First up: my audio picks. I'm still (yes, still) wrapping up Geek Love on audio, and while I'm actually liking the story, I'm really convinced audio was a bad pick for this one. It's too dense and jumps around between characters and timelines too much to listen to, but I'm committed now, so I'll finish it. The narration is excellent, by the by, in case anyone is curious about that. When I get through the last hour or two of that audiobook, I've also got James McBride's Song Yet Sung going on audio for a few upcoming car trips.

In print, I'm looking ahead to April galleys: The Fishermen, by Chigozie Obioma; The Dead Lands, by Benjamin Percy; Whispering Shadows, by Jan-Philipp Sendker; and One Nation Under God: How Corporate American Invented Christian America, by Kevin Kruse. I'm about 10-15 pages into each of these (I was sampling to decide what to read next, which Andi says she does as well), and while I'm sure not all will stick, I'm looking forward to seeing what will.

What are you reading this week?


6 comments

  1. Funny you mention Andi's post—she inspired me to pick out my own five-book "tasting menu" from the library yesterday. I can't wait to see what sticks, as I'm in somewhat of a slump. I can relate to having a quiet week in the blogosphere!


    Sorry to hear Geek Love isn't working out so well as audio. Hope you like your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One Nation Under God sounds fascinating! Hope this is a better reading week for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for The Dead Lands; Red Moon was one of my favorite books last year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oo, One Nation under God sounds interesting! Can't wait to hear about it (if it's the one that sticks). I'm reading Jeff Lemire's Sweet Tooth this week, plus the sequel to The Winner's Curse, plus How to Be a Heroine, plus an enormous amount of excellent nonfiction. I anticipate an excellent reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let us know how you like The Fishermen, it is one of my all time favorite books! I'd also like to read Whispering Shadows. Enjoy your readings :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww I'm sad that Geek Love is anything other than an amazing experience for anyone. I'm glad the story is still interesting to you, at least!

    I was interested in The Fishermen by Chigozie Obioma, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!