Week in Reading: May 9th


I'm looking back at a very light week of reading and forward to yet another one of the same... but all for good reason. I ran the Frederick Half Marathon this weekend, and it was absolutely incredible to race through the streets of my town. I set out with the goal of running at least a 2:14, preferably a 2:10... and beat both my realistic and my stretch goals with a final time of 2:08:40, a new personal best for me. We had friends in town for the race, and celebrated the run with a big brunch afterwards, then took my mom out for a Mother's Day dinner, so there wasn't a lot of reading time squeezed in between the rest of it.

This week, I travel to Chicago for Book Expo (will you be there too? Say hi!), then on to Minnesota for a wedding, so I hope to have at least a bit of plane time for reading. In my travel bag:




I didn't finish Marrow Island as quickly as I'd hoped to, but I'm officially sucked in at this point and can't wait to see where this ends up. After that, I'm looking at Mona Lisa, an adorable little pocket-sized novella about the famous work of art, and/or Chronicle of a Last Summer, about the "personal and political coming of age" of a young Egyptian woman. On my headphones, I wrapped up The Girl on the Train last week and am really getting into Mr. Splitfoot.

And of course, I'm still planning to finish up Just Mercy

---

What's on your reading stack this week? 

No comments

Thanks for stopping by!