On My Radar: Beach Reading

I don't know about other bookworms, but this particular one reads seasonally. I don't believe in reading winter-laden, snow-drifty books in July, or vampire novels in April, or beach-based stories in December. There is a time and a place for every book, and they must match.

And this weekend unofficially kicks off summer, which means I'm officially lusting after new summer reads. Here's what I have my eye on for the beach this year - some old, some new, but all on my radar. Some are probably "summer" reads only in my own little head, but so be it. What am I missing? What are you reading this summer?




4 comments

  1. Excellent list! I infinitely regret not seeing Tina Fey speak when she was at my B&N earlier this month, and I soooo want to read her book. I'm reading Visit from the Goon Squad too! (I hope.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have The Elegance of the Hedgehog on my list, too. We'll have to compare thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have to steal some of these ideas. I love the idea of reading books at the appropriate time too! I read "A Wedding in December" by Anita Shreve in, you guessed it, December and like to match up the seasons with books when I can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't have much luck with The Wordy Shipmates, though I'll try again sometime. Same with Elegance of the Hedgehog. REALLY want to read The Reading Promise. And A Visit from the Goon Squad is staring at me from my nightstand. :D

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!