I Can Do This: A Summer of TBR

I've made commitment after commitment to myself that I will focus on reading books I already own. That I will finally start to tackle the ridiculous collection of tomes that threaten to pull down the Billy Bookcases in my living room. That I will actually acknowledge the existing to-be-read list (which is in no way a literal list) instead of just adding to it.

The time has come for me to make this commitment public. Deep breaths. Here goes.

From now until September 1, I will only read books I already own.* This includes my forays to the library for audiobooks; I will be seeking out audio versions of books that already adorn my shelves.

Wish me luck.

---

*I do have a review commitment to Shelf Awareness for Readers, so I will still be reading/reviewing ARCs as assigned... but only as assigned.

5 comments

  1. You can do this! God luck! I have been kind of doing it this year (no library books_, but it is hard! Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great goal, good luck! I don't think I could do it myself (since I'll be getting some new books at BEA and this wouldn't work with that). But, maybe I should think about pledging not to BUY and new books all summer... that would be hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can definitely do it! I think I'm joining you in this and reading books I've already got on my Kindle before I add more. eBooks are so easy to hoard but I seem to never get around to reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand the need to do this. I'm doing it too. I've got about 80 review books and so many great ones waiting to be read on my shelves! I'm actually excited about it! I'm just keeping a list of books I want to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, impressive goal! I may try something like that in the fall. I've committed to too much stuff for the summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!