Update on 26 by 26, or, I Flew and Airplane and Mailed Lots of Cards

Two more items crossed off my 26 by 26 list:

  • Fly an airplane.
  • Make a habit of sending cards.
I actually flew the airplane about a year ago, but completely spaced on crossing it off the list. Here's proof:



As for cards, well, it's hard to establish when one can cross "make a habit" of something off a list, isn't it? Perhaps I should keep that in mind for my next list and really focus on concrete actions. But I've mailed more cards this year than I did last, and more last than the year before (and that was the year I got married and mailed thank-you cards like it was my job), so I'm comfortable calling this one done and done. It's a habit I really like; there's something personal and exciting about sending a handwritten letter, sometimes with a picture or a newspaper clipping tucked inside, and thinking of it showing up on someone's doorstep in a mix of junk mail, catalogs, and bills.

Well, that and I really like shopping for stationery. 

9 comments

  1. Wow, that's so cool! When did you learn to fly? I've always wanted to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We took a lesson from a local airport in Maryland - it was too fun! I'd love to do it again, but it's rather pricey!

      Delete
  2. This is a wonderful post. I think that there may be more of a chance that I would accomplish flying an airplane before I would make a habit out of sending more card, since I have tried to make a regular habit of sending them before. Congratulations on such a wonderful accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the card thing would be difficult - and in a sense, it was, but at the same time, it's gotten easier to remember (and to have stamps and cards on hand!) the more I do it.

      Delete
  3. Woo hoo! I love to fly but think I'd be too chicken to do it myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was excited about it when we booked the lesson, then TERRIFIED as we pulled up to the airport to start, but once we were in the air, I wasn't nervous at all! The hardest part was getting in the plane in the first place :-)

      Delete
  4. This is awesome!!! I love doing new things that throw me out of my comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!