Dewey's 24-Hour-Readathon Approacheth

It's here! Or... almost. The Dewey 24-Hour Readathon kicks of at midnight this Friday, and wraps up midnight on Saturday. I already know I won't get 24 hours in--it's my stepmom's birthday, so we'll be celebrating with her that evening--but I've got a stack of books picked out and I'm already planning some Whole30 snacks to get me through the day.

I always pick out more books than I can possibly read in one day for these events, but I like to have variety on hand. Here's what I'm eying for my stack:


Horrorstor, by Grady Hendrix, because it's October and appropriate for scary reads, and because I met Grady Hendrix at BEA and talked about this book and it sounds AWESOME.

In the Company of Sherlock Holmes, ed. Laurie R. King & Leslie S. Klinger, because I read and loved their last collection of Sherlock-inspired stories (A Study in Scarlet), and who doesn't love Sherlock-inspired stories?

The Snow Child, by Eowyn Ivey, because Nathan Dunbar told me to.

Wild, by Cheryl Strayed, because I fell hard for Strayed's writing in Tiny Beautiful Things, and have had an inexplicable urge to go hiking lately, so it seems timely.

In the Woods, by Tana French, because I accidentally read the Dublin Murder Squad books out of order, and want to go back and read the first before I pick up Broken Harbour and The Secret Place.

Florence Gordon, by Brian Morton, because it sounds feminist-y and awesome.

Salt, Sugar, Fat, by Michael Moss, because my so-far experience with Whole30 has me obsessing over the food industry, ingredient lists (there is added sugar in EVERYTHING) and how my body processes these things.

God'll Cut You Down, by John Safran, because anything about race that is blurbed as "by turns informative, frightening and hilarious" has me intrigued.

What's on your readathon list this time around?

9 comments

  1. What a massive and amazing list! I really enjoyed The Snow Child, but I haven't read anything else on this list. As for mine, I'm still finalizing some options. I'll be posting sometime this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's way more than I'll read in the day, I know, but I do like to have options because I can be a moody reader. Looking forward to seeing what you have on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really looking forward to ALL of these... only so many hours in a day, though (even a readathon day!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm dying to read God'll Cut You Down, so I'm super excited that it's on your list! And I totally hope you get to Florence Gordon because it's my sweet, dear favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God'll Cut You Down looks SO good. And Florence Gordon is basically on my list because of your ravings, so I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wild is a fantastic choice! I'm dying to read Florence Gordon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear it! It's been on my stack for a while but I kept putting it off because I didn't want to be disappointed.


    And Florence Gordon looks SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read the first chapter of Horrostor this morning as a "test-read" to see if it'd be good for the readathon. It's definitely going to be in my stack.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!