It's Here! The Readathon Begineth

I don't exactly know why I started my olde English titles for my blogathon-related posts, but it's probably fitting, since I'll be working with Team Shakespeare to cheer readathon-ers on over the course of the day. Go #TeamShakespeare!

I'll be updating on my own reading on Instagram, Twitter and Tumblr over the course of the day, with links and totals updated here as a central location. Though between cheering and a few social obligations that have come up (family birthday dinners, the like), I'm expecting less and less reading time by the minute. Still, I've got a beautiful stack of books waiting for me and lots of Whole30 snacks lined up for the day (fuel and sustenance are key!).

         

Currently reading: A Rogue By Any Other Name, by Sarah Maclean


---


Updates & mini-challenges:

Kicking off: 8AM (Opening meme)
Hour 2: Only an hour of reading, but lots of cheering so far!
Hour 4: Finished Horrorstor, on to some nonfiction
Hour 12: Mid-event survey
Hour 14: I'm back! (After a 10-hour hiatus with an hour of stolen reading time squeezed in)

---

Daily totals:


Pages read: 293
Books read: Horrorstor, by Grady Hendrix; God'll Cut You Down, by John Safran; A Rogue By Any Other Name, by Sarah Maclean
Books completed: 1 (Horrorstor)
Total hours read: 2.85
Total cheers: I lost track almost as soon as I started, but cheering has been a lot of fun so far. And Team Shakespeare is kicking some cheer butt, if I do say so myself. #TeamShakespeare #forthewin


14 comments

  1. I'm curious to hear about Horrorstor, once you're done. I've had that one on my pile since BEA, but haven't quite picked it up. Happy Readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. About halfway in, I can say it's a bit hokey, but not in a bad way. It's like a "bad" scary movie, where you sort of know it won't be terrible but it's scary anyway. Fun read. Definitely quirky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are off to a great start! You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not such thing as too much coffee ;). I have to get myself a copy of Horrorstör seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing an awesome job at this readathon, keep going if you can! I hope you can still squeeze in a couple of more pages! #TeamKing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Team King here! :) I hope you are having a great time, both reading and cheering! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm having the same trouble keeping track of the cheering. Have fun cheering and reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you are having lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm just getting back to it at hour 14... thanks for the cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Doing awesome it looks like! I've spent quite a bit cheering too! :) Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you still reading and cheering? I hope you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!