Week in Reading: April 11th

I ran a lot this weekend: a long run Saturday, and a short but very, very hilly, beautiful trail race this morning. I (surprisingly) wrote a lot: two long-form pieces, two short blurb reviews, an author interview, and two mid-length reviews. I prepped for a lot of work coming my way this week. I did not read a lot. But that's ok! Because this week is a new week, packed with lots of travel time (aka reading time), exciting adventures, and good books:


I did finish up the very short--but very good--George, by Alex Gino, on audio this weekend, so will be diving into Challenger Deep, by Neal Shusterman next (both for the Read Harder challenge). For May releases, I wrapped up The Loney, a slow-build debut novel that I expected to be creepy in a fantastical way and was instead creepy in a cult-like Catholicism way (but was still excellent despite my misplaced expectations). Now I'm looking at Swallowed by the Cold, a slim collection of short stories by Jensen Beach, out next month from Graywolf Press, and/or Champagne Uncorked: The House of Krug and the Timeless Allure of the World's Most Celebrated Drink, because who doesn't love a book about champagne? (Side note: My one and only party skill is being able to sabre open a bottle of bubbly.)

Of my own damn books, I'm devouring Just Mercy for the kick-off of what I hope will be a recurring Social Justice Book Club, and plan to tuck The Name of the Wind, by Patrick Rothfuss, into my bag for an upcoming flight (this last will be a re-read to prep for an upcoming book club discussion).

---

What are you reading this week?

No comments

Thanks for stopping by!