Week in Reading: August 29th (A Day Late...)

Like so many things in my life right now, this post is going up a day late. I'm stretched a bit too thin and fell further behind this weekend when a nasty cold took me down for two days; after a very, very terrible eight-mile run on Saturday morning, I basically did nothing but sleep and whine all weekend.

Unfortunately, all of this is seeping over into my reading life, as I've barely picked up a book at all in the last week. Though I'd hoped to start some new shiny fiction to jump-start my fall reading plans, I didn't pick up a single one of these pretty titles. So consider my reading wishlist unchanged from last Monday:




I did finish the last of The New Jim Crow last night; though the Dayquil may not have resulted in my closest reading, I'm so, so excited to talk about this in more depth with other #SJBookClub participants. Stay tuned for the wrap-up post to come tomorrow. I also wrapped up the last of The Raven King on audio and ho, boy, do I love this series. And I'm slowly working my way through The Count of Monte Cristo; I actually started it in the Serial app (more on that to come...), but found I wanted to read more than the 10-15 minutes sent to me per day, so switched over to the very hefty Modern Library edition I had on my shelf.

Since I'm not reading much of anything this week, tell me: what are you reading? What should I be most excited about?


No comments

Thanks for stopping by!