Famous Wheel of Time Quotes... from the future

For those of you who, like me, just can't wait for a sneak peek of Brandon Sanderson's A Memory of Light (the final book in Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series), check out this blog post on Tor.com about readers' favorite WoT quotes. Around about comment 112, readers start contributing their own favorite quotes from the yet-to-be-released A Memory of Light... and they are awesome. Which only re-affirms my belief that WoT readers are the shizz, of course.

Some personal favorites:

Comment 116 (from Amir):
"Well, Lews Therin had grown so powerful, he wanted to retire. So he told me his secret: 'I am not the Dragon,' he said. 'My name is Ryan. I inherited this title from the previous Dragon, just as you will inherit it from me. The man I inherited it from was not the real Dragon, either. His name was Cummerbund. The real Dragon has been retired fifteen years and living like a king in Patagonia.' Then he explained the name was the important thing for inspiring the necessary fear. You see, no one would surrender to the Dread Warlord Al'Thor. So we sailed ashore, took on an entirely new crew and he stayed aboard for awhile as first mate, all the time calling me the Dragon. Once the crew believed, he left the ship and I have been the Dragon ever since. Except, now that we're together, I shall retire and hand the name over to someone else. Is everything clear to you?"-- Rand Al'Thor, AMoL, Chapter 21, "Leavetakings"

Comment 127 (from SaidinsDragon):
"With the One Power comes great responsibility," -- Uncle Tam to Rand, AMoL, Chapter 3, "Tangled Webs"

January 2013 is just around the corner... 

No comments

Thanks for stopping by!