Week in Reading: May the 4th (be with you)


Happy Star Wars Day, all, and May the 4th be with you! After a whirlwind of Readathon, last week and this weekend were a bit slow for me on the reading front, but I'm ok with that. I finished Bell Weather (out in July) and The Secret Place (please keep any and all recommendations on what to read now that I've finished all of Tana French's books coming). I'm a chapter from the end of The Underground Girls of Kabul.



On the galley front, I'm eying Something Must be Done About Prince Edward County and/or The Star Side of Bird Hill next.

On the screen, I'm trying to ration the last remaining unwatched episodes of Parks and Rec (how are we already in the last season? I can already tell you I'm going to cry), am slowly falling out of love with the neverending are-you-my-father question of The Black List (though I still do enjoy the show), and of course, am anxious to see more dragons in the rest of the season of Game of Thrones. I'm also lamenting the fact that I don't get BBC in this house, because Orphan Black is back on and I can't find the episodes available for streaming anywhere...

What are you reading and watching this week?



12 comments

  1. May the 4th be with you always!


    This is still such a solid amount of reading, especially coming off of a book hangover. I can't wait for you to finish Underground Girls so we can talk about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is SO good. I should finish today or tomorrow--will let you know! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm about half way through Faithful Place and I have the last two books on my nightstand. I cannot wait to read them, but at the same time I don't want the series to end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started watching Parks & Rec on Netflix. I've caught a few episodes here and there, but finally am going to see what all the fuss is about! And yes, GoT FOR SURE! On the books front, I requested The Starside of Bird Hill as well, and am hoping for approval! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Super excited about both of these. I have a copy of Prince Edward County that I can't wait to get to, but totally need to grab Bird Hill. Can't wait to see what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to check out this Prince Edward County book...it's very close to where I grew up (in Richmond, VA)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know that feeling! I waited so long to start The Secret Place but then I just couldn't wait any longer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. P&R is SO good. It took me the better half of the first season to really get hooked, but then I was all in. It only gets better from there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I just have to decide which to start first.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks SO INTERESTING in so many different ways. And I didn't realize you were from VA!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the final episode of Parks & Rec recorded and have refused to watch it so I can pretend it hasn't ended.


    I've got Star Side on my iPad but haven't gotten to it- not feeling compelled to start it which is not a good sign.


    I just finished A God in Ruins and OH MY. People are going to love it or hate it. I fell into the love category and was still crying after finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, I can't wait to get to God in Ruins. I LOVED Life After Life (another book that I think people fell on the love/hate scale on), and was so excited to see that she had another book in the same family (because it's not a strict sequel, correct?) out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!