Week in Reading: October 19



Last week's reading didn't go exactly according to plan: a few sneaky deadlines crept up on me resulting in some last-minute changes to my reading schedule. I devoured Ashley Bell, the forthcoming thriller/suspense novel from Dean Koontz (and got to interview him about the book, to boot! Look for that in Shelf Awareness later this month). I sat down the next evening to read Bohemian Gospel and stayed up until well past midnight to devour it in one sitting; this book is breathtaking (look for it from Pegasus in November; review to come). A few hours into Cleopatra on audio, I remembered why I never listen to non-fiction on audio--I absolutely cannot pay attention to it. I hope to pick that up in print eventually, because what I did manage to catch was quite good.



This week, I'm still planning to wrap up the Atwood book (no, really!) and also start Salvage the Bones by Jesmyn Ward. I'm also considering A Tale of Two Cities on audio, since I've somehow never read it (though I do like those works of Dickens I have read).

As November and December tend to be lighter publishing months, I hope to spend the next few weeks catching up on some TBR reads (though I likely won't complete the challenge this year... again...) and the Read Harder Challenge (which I might actually manage to complete!).

What are you reading this week?


PS -- Won't you stop by my Recommendation Engine post and recommend books for those who haven't received book recs based on their favorite readathon books yet?

No comments

Thanks for stopping by!