Week in Reading: October 26, 2015



It's the last week of October (somehow?) and I'm basking in the relative relaxation of a slow review month. This week, I devoured Salvage the Bones, Jesmyn Ward's National Book Award-winning novel from 2011; it was the kind of beautiful, cruel, heartbreaking novel that made me want to set it down and not continue but left me unable to look away. Truly, truly, truly excellent. I also finished Margaret Atwood's The Heart Goes Last, which I liked, but not as much as some of Atwood's previous works.


Looking ahead to this week, I'm still listening to A Tale of Two Cities, which is proving a bit hard to follow on audio (lots of characters) but excellent now that I'm finding my groove with it. Why do I always put off reading the classics? (Speaking of, I'm also looking at Frankenstein this week, in part for the Read Harder challenge and in part in honor of Halloween--Shaina says it's excellent, after all.)

I'm also working my way through The Best-Loved Poems of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, which marks the first poetry I've read since college. And because variety is, as they say, the spice of life, I'm also enjoying Wicked Intentions by Elizabeth Hoyt.

What's everyone else reading this week? 

No comments

Thanks for stopping by!