Looking Ahead: November Books & Reading Events

October set the bar pretty damn high as reading goes, but that doesn't mean I'm not excited for a few promising books in November:



DC Trip, by Sara Benincasa: Benincasa is a stitch on Twitter; why wouldn't you be excited about her novel of a high school trip to DC, complete with all of the chaos and disaster that a high school overnight trip promises? I grabbed this one at BEA and have been waiting to closer to pub date to read it since then. Can't wait. (Akashic, November 3rd)

Dear Mr. You, by Mary Louise Parker: I grabbed this book at BEA knowing little about it besides the author name (yes, the author is the actress). It promises to explore the identity of a woman through the men in her life. Plus, it's a novel of letters, and I love that when it works. (Scribner, November 10th)

Bohemian Gospel, by Dana Chamblee Carpenter: A debut novel that combines history and dark fantasy; I've already read this one and can't seem to shut up about it. So good. Look for my full review in Shelf Awareness this month. (Pegasus, November 16th)

Hotels of North America, by Rick Moody: I love novels that push the boundaries of traditional storytelling; this short novel is written entirely as a collection of online reviews of hotels across America, each of which serves to further develop the character of the reviewer writing them. I've read this one, too, and it's excellent. (Little, Brown and Company, November 10th)

---

In addition to that short but sweet list of November releases, I'm looking forward to a few great reading events this month:





---

What are you most excited about this month? What books should I add to my stack?

No comments

Thanks for stopping by!