Looking Ahead: June Books

It's a bit late in the month for this post, but since I got so excited with all the BEA books I picked up, I got distracted and forgot it was the start of a new month. I'm diving full-steam-ahead into summer reading (a week of funemployment before I start a new job won't hurt in that department), and there are some incredible June books on my radar:


Euphoria, by Lily King (Atlantic, June 3): The publisher's blurb states that this is inspired by the life of the "revolutionary anthropologist," Margaret Meade, and promises "an enthralling story of passion, possession, exploration, and sacrifice."

I Am Having So Much Fun Here Without You, by Courtney Munn (Touchstone, June 10): A reverse love story of a married man trying to win back his wife, against a backdrop of Paris and London (love!).

Mambo in Chinatown, by Jean Kwok (Riverhead, June 24): I read and loved Kwok's debut, Girl in Translation, and am excited to see what her next novel brings.

Proof: The Science of Alcohol, by Adam Rogers (HMH, May 27): I didn't realize this was a late-May release or I'd have listed it in last month's round-up. Since I missed it last month and there's no way I could pass up a book on the science of alcohol (how cool!), I'm pretending it's a June release. Go with me on this one.

Someone Else's Skin, by Sarah Hilary (Penguin, June 24): A debut mystery writer introduces a new detective series--and since I've already read this one, I can tell you it won't disappoint.

The Appetites of Girls, by Pamela Moses (Amy Einhorn, June 26): A novel focused on a group of women making their way in the world... yes please.

The Girl with All the Gifts, by M. R. Carey (Orbit, June 24): I've read this one as well, and I find it difficult to blurb, review or explain without giving too much away. If you like creative, incredibly inventive post-apocalyptic fiction, this is for you--and trust me when I say it's better to go in to it not knowing what to expect.

What are you most looking forward to in June?


4 comments

  1. I really need to try to get around to Jean Kwok. I have Girl in Translation on my shelves and I stare at it pretty regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed Girl in Translation. It was a random find for me, so I went into it knowing nothing and expecting nothing and was more than pleasantly surprised. I'm excited to see what Kwok does with her new novel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just heard of Euphoria, but i have to read it. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I honestly don't know much about it, but I'm a little excited to go into it blind, as it were!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!