Week in Reading: April 27

Readathon was a blast this weekend; though I only read one book cover-to-cover, I made some progress on five other books. And I was so sucked into The Library at Mount Char last week that I didn't manage to save any of it for Readathon; I can't wait for it to come out in June so we can talk about it. So weird and strange and think-y.

This week, I'll be reading Bell Weather by Dennis Mahoney (out in July), and finishing up The Underground Girls of Kabul for a book club meeting tomorrow. Based on Shannon's raves, I hope to pick up The Shore by Sara Taylor (out May 26) this week as well, time permitting.

And of course, continuing The Secret Place on audio, and hopefully another few sections of Cloud Atlas, as I'm already very behind on the #CloudAtlasAlong.

What are you reading this week?

12 comments

  1. Ooh, I loved The Underground Girls! And I'm in the middle of The Shore right now; it's much grittier than I was expecting, for some reason, but very good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got approved for The Shore on NetGalley (requested also because of Shannon's raving about it), and I'm so excited to get into it — I'm ready for a break from YA, I think, and it sounds like a rich story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is SO good! I mean, not that I expected it to be bad, but it covers so much more than I had expected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm finally starting Faithful Place this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking of ditching my plans and picking up The Shore as well. Why am I forcing myself to wait just because I have other books that are coming out sooner?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! So happy you loved Underground Girls (I think I've said this multiple times now). It was such a thought-provoking read for me too.

    Also, ugh. I have a minor backlog of ARCs and two new ones, and now you have me wanting to request The Library at Mount Char! My poor backlist TBR/Classics Club list...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I devoured The Library at Mount Char in a few days--it's long, and it takes a while to catch up to the elaborate world Hawkins has created (he's not big on explanation--just throws you right in), but really well-paced, so I found myself speeding through it. If you get to it, I'd love to know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I ask myself this same question all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YESSSSS. Looking forward to seeing what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard so many good things since Shannon's raves. I just need to finish this book club pick first...

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're all behind on #CloudAtlasAlong... it is what it is. I just got an e-galley of The Shore, and am super pumped to get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhhhhh I am so excited to read The Shore. And I've never heard of Bell Weather of The Library at Mount Char before, but the covers are pretty so I'm looking into them now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!