In the Archives

There's something at once thrilling and terrifying about maintaining this little blog corner; the idea that what I write actually gets read by real people (sometimes) is both wonderful and awful all at once. Though I generally stay pretty close to books and book reviews, there have been posts in the past that give insight into me as both a reader and an individual. This week's Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the Broke and the Bookish, asks participating bloggers to highlight just these types of posts. Here are seven (I ran out after that) of mine, in no particular order:

My 26-by-26 list (July 2011): Last summer, I challenged myself to complete 26 tasks before my 26th birthday. The list ranges from simple (bake an apple pie from hand-picked apples) to complicated (fly an airplane); with 15 months left, I'm making progress.

Top Ten Favorite Book Quotes (May 2012): Another Top Ten Tuesday post, and what says more about a bookworm than her selection of favorite book quotes?

Book Review: How to Be a Woman, by Caitlin Moran (July 2012): One of the first books I ever read that made me want to stand on a chair and shout, "I am a feminist!"

Missing Out on BEA (June 2012): For the second year in a row, I was unable to attend BEA. Though I love what I do, the internet buzz about all of the events and panels and meetups each year really puts me in an I-miss-publishing kind of funk.

The Age-Old Battle: Making Time to Read (March 2012): My response? You don't "make time" to read any more than one "makes time" to watch television. It's part of my daily life, and it just happens.

To My Best Friend (October 2011): My one-year wedding anniversary. I love that man.

and my personal favorite...

Inheriting My Reading Nook: A Saga of an Armchair (October 2011): The story of my grandmother's armchair, and how it left the family, came back, and became my own.

No comments

Thanks for stopping by!