Preliminary Reading List for #24in48

This weekend, I'll be participating in Rachel from a home between pages' 24 in 48 Readathon, and I can't wait. Here's the stack of books I'm considering for the weekend - I already know it's too many, but I wanted to at least get my options narrowed down to a shorter list than my entire book collection:


Fantasy Titles:
The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson

26 by 26 / Classics:
To Have and Have Not by Ernest Hemingway
A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway
(I may add Hemingway's Short Stories to this list)

Biographies / Memoirs:
My Life in France by Julia Child
Cicero by Anthony Everett

Short Story Collections:
The Woman with the Bouquet by Eric Emmanuel Schmitt
Dubliners by James Joyce

Literary Fiction:
Oryx and Crake by Margaret Attwood
Everything Beautiful Began After by Simon Van Booy
(adding The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan here)

Young Adult:
Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone by J.K. Rowling (my first re-read since high school!)
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

Non-Fiction (not pictured)
Getting Things Done by David Allen
The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg (I've been 50 pages into this one for weeks)

My biggest fear is that I've selected too many heavy/difficult works... but then I also feel like days with large chunks of reading time are the best for tackling these, and I always have Harry Potter to break it up a bit. Experienced readathon-ers, what do you think?

5 comments

  1. I've never done a readathon before, so I have no advice, unfortunately. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm hoping I can get a lot of reading in!

      Delete
  2. Really? You were in High School when Harry Potter appeared in the United States? Now I do feel old! Sounds like a great weekend. And I love that you have been 50 pages into "The Power of Habit" for weeks. LOL Doesn't sound like it's working!
    Anyway - have a great time and be sure to let us know how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually came out when I was 11 (same as Harry!), and I read the first one in hardcover... but I re-read the earlier books in high school!

      Delete
    2. Oh, and on Power of Habit... I made it 50 pages in and then got distracted with review commitments and work books and vacation. I'm hoping some time to really focus on it will make a difference in my ability to keep reading!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!